Sunday, September 12, 2010

Riverwalk: Are We Having Fun Yet?!

After the Children's Museum, we had lunch at Casa Rio on the Riverwalk, saw the Alamo, and then went back to our Hotel for naps. Later that evening, we decided to go back downtown to the Riverwalk area. We went to El Mercado, the Spanish marketplace and got little sombreros for the girls' dolls and had some yummy Mexican treats. Then we walked around the Riverwalk a little more. I wish I could say that we had a fabulous time, but that just wouldn't be the truth. I didn't feel great, and the girls were both in terrible moods. We spent most of the evening frustrated and unhappy. Mackenzie really wanted to ride on the boats, but I just didn't feel like doing it. That put her in tears most of the time. We finally just gave up and went back to our Hotel, with the idea that "Tomorrow is a new day!" I do smile when I look at these pictures though, and remember what this evening was like. Maybe we will take the girls back here when they get older someday and have a better time!

I know the girls' didn't care anything about being at the Alamo right now, but one day when they learn about it, they will like looking at these pictures and knowing that they were there!The Riverwalk was very pretty, just not very kid-friendly.
I really wanted a picture of them in their cute matching dresses...these are what I got! (Mackenzie is crying because she wants to go on the boats and we said no...Madison is crying because Mackenzie is crying!) Can you feel my frustration?! A brief relapse for Mackenzie...Madison was not cooperating at all! She doesn't like it when Mackenzie puts her arm around her.We finally just had all we could take...and left after being there for less than an hour! Mackenzie is very dramatic about everything...I think she may be an actress one day!
We went back to the Hotel and gave the girls baths' and went to bed early...hoping tomorrow would be a better day at Sea World!
They didn't actually sleep like this, but they had fun playing in there together!

No comments:

Post a Comment