The girls promoted to new Sunday School classes this week. I was hoping Madison might go into her new room easier than she has gone into the nursery. However, it didn't work out that way! I knew she would cry when I left her, but 30 minutes later she was still crying. After Sunday School, I went back to check on her....she was standing at the door, holding her backpack and WAILING...just waiting for her momma to come get her. Poor little thing! It almost made me cry. Her teacher said that she kept dragging her bag over to the door and just sitting there. What am I going to do with this sweet little momma's girl?! Needless to say, she was very glad to see me. It even took me about 5 minutes to get her to calm down, she was so worked up. So, I took her into church with us, but that didn't last long. She doesn't sit still or be quiet these days! When she started squirming, I asked her if she wanted to go back to her class and she shook her head NO for the first time ever! Ha,ha! I was curious to see how she would do during the evening service, but she got to go in a class and play on the playground with her big sister, so she did fine! She just doesn't like being left all by herself I guess.
At 18 Months Old, here are some things Madison does:
* Points & Grunts...no talking yet! (Except for momma, Pa, and Ball)
* Throws fits (falling backwards in the floor and laying there, crying)
* Loves her big sister and laughs at her all the time
* Plays in Mackenzie's room all the time...never with her own toys
* Loves to get into Mackenzie's lipgloss, markers, dishes...anything she can make a mess with or break! She has colored all over the couches with purple marker (thankfully it was washable) and she also rubbed lipgloss all over the couch!
* Still loves playing with hair and sucking on, well, nothing...just sucking air I guess!
* She loves looking at books and "coloring"
* Her favorite food is probably bananas, and she takes HUGE bites. She gets mad if I try to help her eat. She also loves corndogs, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, Yogurt, and anything sweet!
* She is funny about bugs...anytime she sees one, she gets real close to it and bends over to look at it. Then she steps on it! It's so funny!
* She thinks she is just as big as her sister...and doesn't want to be left out of anything! She has started running everywhere, its so cute!
* She usually lays right down and goes to sleep when I put her in her bed. She has a little bear that plays "Jesus Loves Me" every night. She usually wakes up early in the morning and goes back to sleep with me. I love that cuddle time!
* She takes one nap a day now, usually around 12:00.
* I think she is going to have an underbite, like her daddy! She makes the silliest little face and sticks her chin out and you can really see it.
* She is becoming very independent and somewhat stubborn...I can tell her "No" and she just looks at me, smiles, and does it anyway. I was hoping Mackenzie would be the only strong-willed one, but that doesn't seem to be the case! She even laughs most of the time when I swat her hand.
* She is definitely a momma's girl! I love that, but it makes it so hard to leave her anywhere.
* She loves playing outside and swinging.
*She loves playing peek-a-boo and hide and seek with her sister!
*She loves babies and gets excited anytime she sees one, as if she is such a big girl herself!

No comments:
Post a Comment