Monday, September 20, 2010

Disney On Ice OKC Fair

This was a busy, fun weekend! We got to Newcastle on Thursday evening, celebrated dad's birthday Friday night, and went to the Fair and Icecapades on Saturday. This was our 3rd year to take Mackenzie, and it was Madison's 2nd year. Disney on Ice was called "Let's Celebrate!" and it was the best show yet! There were over 60 different Disney characters from various movies, and Mackenzie would get so excited when they came out. She was practically screaming their names every time she saw a new one. It was so exciting for her that it nearly brought mom and me to tears. G-Ma got us excellent seats...we were just a few rows up on the floor, in the middle. The different celebrations were an "un-birthday" with Alice in Wonderland, Halloween (which was almost scary, but not quite...it was fun because they had some of the Disney villains), Valentine's Day with the Princesses, Summer Vacation with Lilo and Stitch, and the best...Christmas with the Toy Story characters. G-Ma and Mackenzie liked the dancing broom part the best. Mackenzie decided after the icecapades that she wanted to be Jessie for Halloween. That will be so cute! Before the show started, we bought a Minnie Mouse spinner and cotton candy with a Mickey hat. Is it really possible to go to something like this and not buy stuff? I don't think so! Poppa was so sweet to send us with some extra spending money, so it was okay! Mackenzie loved the icecapades...Madison sort of liked it! It is so hard for her to sit still these days for more than 30 seconds at a time. (That may even be pushing it!) She finally fell asleep during the last 15 minutes, and I was SO glad! This is such a fun tradition that we have with my mom! After waiting in line for almost 30 minutes to get our stroller last year, I decided to walk out just a few minutes before the show ended, so I could get there before the crowd...it worked so well! I got to see the end of the show, and I was the 4th one in line for the stroller. We walked around the fair for a couple of hours after the show was over...it was HOT! We ate corn dogs, went into the Agtropolis building, the girls' rode pony's, and we got a pecan cinnamon roll...then we hit the road! It was just too hot to stay any longer than that. We were all very glad to see the car! Good times!

Mackenzie really wanted to bring her "pet" hamster in to the fair, but we wouldn't let her...we told her it could "guard" the car...so that is what this picture is all about! (I know that is a wierd thing to take a picture of, but we just thought it was funny!)I love that we get to do this with G-Ma!G-Ma LOVES her girls!G-Ma calls Mackenzie her "Little Candace" sometimes!I wonder how many of these spinners we will end up with during childhood! We almost had a catastrophe when Madison twirled a big wad of Mackenzie's hair up in there...G-Ma saved the day and got her hair out...I thought it was going to be bad!I wanted a picture of Madison in the Mickey hat, but she refused to wear it, unless she put it on herself...even then she was not very cooperative! She just has a mind of her own...independent little thing!SO exciting!!!This really made me want to go back to Disney World...we are thinking maybe next November! Somebody was getting sleepyTime passes too quickly...Mackenzie wasn't even a year old the first time we took her to the Icecapades...we have only missed one year of Icecapades since she was born, because it was High School Musical. Madison kept wanting to sit with G-Ma during the show...then she'd change her mind and want to come back to me...she was a squirmer! The Toy Story part was very fun, of course!Madison was DONE! She slept for quite awhile as we walked around. I just love these new tennis shoes that light up. She is getting so big! After her nap, she woke up and had a state fair corndog! Doesn't get much better than that! The "Farmer for a Day" exhibit in the Agtropolis building is fun! She wanted to pet the chicken! G-Ma decided we should get real chickens so Mackenzie could gather the eggs...I decided NOT! (Well, its okay if she wants to keep them at her house!) We can't go to the fair without riding a pony! This was Madison's first pony ride. She did good, but had this look on her face like, "Is this supposed to be fun?" Mackenzie rode all by herself, and did great! I love how they were positioned so they are both in these pictures. Mack rode on "Sonny" and Madi rode on "Tornado." G-Ma said, "Nothin' like putting a baby on a horse named Tornado!" She's looking at me like, "Mommy help me!" It was a very, very fun day at the Fair! I can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment