Monday, September 27, 2010

Remembering Grandma Jean

Yesterday my Grandma Jean celebrated her birthday with Jesus for the 4th time. It would have been her 72nd birthday. I know that she doesn't know what she is missing here, and nothing in this world even comes close to being in the presence of God, but I still really miss her. I am so thankful that I got to know the love of such a wonderful Grandma! And I am very thankful that the girls have wonderful Grandma's as well. I think all the time about how much Grandma Jean would enjoy and love the girls...she would absolutely have adored them. She got to be a part of Mackenzie's life until she was 9 months old, but she was sick during much of that time. I like to think that she got a little glimpse of Madison in heaven before she was born...I know that is probably not biblical, but it makes me feel good to think it!

It makes me smile to look at pictures of her and remember her life and things that were special.....Hot rolls, the day after Thanksgiving shopping presents, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, wonderful Christmas Day's, all the wonderful meals we shared...she was an excellent cook, dumpster diving for flowers, she took me clothes shopping all the time, going to garage sales and having garage sales, all of the beautiful curtains she made (I like to think that Grandma is up in heaven, praising God, and making curtains for my mansion at the same time! I know that is probably silly, but I like it!), the way she would say "Hi my darlin' " when she saw me, how she always bought diapers for Mackenzie, the way she loved the Lord and her family...there are really so many wonderful memories of her....way more than I could write about here. Sometimes it is still hard for me to believe she is gone. While we will always miss her, the memories and legacy of love that she left will always continue on. A few months ago, we were watching the video of when Mackenzie was born and when Grandma Jean was on there, Mackenzie and I talked about her. Mackenzie said, "I wish I could see her mommy." Of course, I was crying and I said, "Oh baby, I wish you could see her too!"Anytime we are looking at pictures, I tell the girls about their Great-Grandma Jean and how much she would have loved to know them...they will grow up knowing about her and loving the memory of who she was.

G-Ma learned how to be a Grandma from the best! Grandma Jean was so proud of Mackenzie and loved her so muchI love this picture of Grandma and Poppa! What a wonderful example of marriage they were to us...they were married for 49 years when Grandma passed away.Bad picture of me, but I love how she has her hand on baby Mackenzie, in my tummy! Four Generations were about to become Five! Five Generations!Grandma always sang "You are my Sunshine" to me when I was little, and to Mackenzie too.I love this picture of Grandma with Mackenzie on her first Halloween! These are some pictures that were taken a few years before Mackenzie was born. How blessed I was to grow up with a Grandma and Great-Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment