Saturday, April 26, 2025

Washington's Crossing & Valley Forge

The second day of our trip took us to Washington's Crossing of the Delaware and Valley Forge. It was a drizzly, wet day, and I figured out pretty quickly that a hat was going to be a necessity. At the Delaware River, we were able to cross the bridge and say that we were in New Jersey. It was a bit of a walk, but the picture was worth it! We ate Subway boxed lunches, and then we made our way through the Valley Forge stops in the afternoon. I will write more about this in a separate post, but I love Valley Forge and what it represents probably most of all, out of everything we do on this trip. It was definitely different doing it on the front end of our trip, instead of the end, but it was still a special day with Jonah.
Breakfast at both of the hotels we stayed at on this trip was amazing! 
Twinning with Asher...
This was our ride...very nice...
Really glad the parents had their own bus...we heard way too many times about how bad the back of this bus smelled. Poor teachers!! 
Mrs. Low teaching about Washington's crossing of the Delaware.
Valley Forge cabins
This is the actual banister that was there when George Washington was headquartered at Valley Forge.
Yeah, no help for this hair! 
Our last stop of the day was the King of Prussia mall, for dinner. We ate with the Kerbo's in the food court & Courtney and I tried these sugar coated fruit kabobs. I definitely would not buy one of these ever again...but it was fun to try it! Between my frizzy, rainy-day hair, and all the tears I shed earlier in the day, I was looking fantastic. Lol!
I really loved reading what Jonah wrote about each day of the trip. This one made me laugh..."My favorite stop on the Valley Forge tour was...the gift shop...because I got something." 
Well, there you have it...what really matters! Hahaha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment