Sunday, April 27, 2025

Mount Vernon

On Monday morning, we drove about 3 hours from Philadelphia to Mount Vernon and on to the DC part of our trip. Around 3:00 AM Sunday night, I woke up very sick at my stomach and spent the night literally curled up on the bathroom floor feeling like I was going to die. It. Was. Awful. And the idea of riding in a bus with everyone for 3 hours, feeling like that, made the situation so much worse. I am pretty certain I had food poisoning from the leftover hibachi I ate for dinner. Boo! I honestly am not even sure how I made it onto the bus the next morning...Jonah helped pack my suitcase...I couldn't have done it without him. I almost just stayed in Philadelphia and had Brian rent a car to come get me, but I decided to tough it out. They gave me a front seat on the bus, by myself, with a trash bag tied onto the seat right by me, just in case. Thankfully I was able to sleep part of the way and I made it without throwing up in the bus. I did not feel well at all though...and I was so very relieved to get off of that bus and see Brian walking up to us. He flew in from an event he was doing in South Carolina, to be with us for the DC part of the trip. Just having him there made me feel better. I managed to walk around Mount Vernon, but I honestly don't remember much of it. I do love it there though, and I am excited to visit again with my mom this summer.
Recap Video #2
Soooo happy to have Brian there with us! 
Most of the mansion is under construction, so we didn't actually get to walk through it. 
These were the loudest sheep I've ever heard.
Of all the souvenirs he could have picked out, this chicken is what Jonah wanted. Lol! 
How I really felt...

No comments:

Post a Comment