Saturday, April 12, 2025

Officially an SNU Student

I took Mackenzie to SNU for Priority Enrollment day, the morning after JSB. It was a productive morning, full of information and college prep. (And waiting in line for an hour to get her college ID.) I guess we can now say that Mackenzie is officially enrolled and headed to SNU next year! 
I sent this first picture to Brian, and he sent it back to me, edited to this picture below...
Cue. Major. Meltdown. 
My initial reaction was a smile...but it took all of 5 seconds before I LOST it. He definitely didn't anticipate or think through how I would respond to this photo edit...it broke me. It made me think of the movie Father of the Bride, when Annie tells George that she's getting married and he looks back at her and sees her saying it as a 4 year old, "Dad, I met a man in Rome and he's wonderful and brilliant and we're getting married." 
For real--where did this baby girl go?! Where did the time go?! College, already?! How?!
But---it's hard to be sad for too long, when she's so happy and excited for the future! I sure miss that baby girl though! What a joy this journey has been with her!
Roomies!
Also---we just found out---Mackenzie is going to mascot for SNU next year! She is going from Cru the Crusader to Stormie, the Thundercat! So fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment