Thursday, April 17, 2025

A Very Special Easter Program

This year, the Easter program was extra special for our family. It was Jack's first Easter program, Jonah's last Easter program, and Mackenzie got to sing the Senior solo. Madi wasn't in the program, but she sure looked pretty! =0) 
A few months back, when Mrs. Clay asked Mackenzie to sing the Senior solo for the Easter program, I just burst into tears. The song is "Thank You Jesus, For the Blood" and it is everything we believe...truly, the most meaningful song to me. Those lyrics, combined with my sweet Senior girl singing them...it was the most special moment. For weeks leading up to the Easter program, I would listen to this song every day...and most days, cry...just thinking about Mackenzie standing on this stage singing it. I was afraid I would bawl my eyes out and make a fool of myself during the actual program, but it turns out I didn't shed a tear. I think all of those pre program cry sessions got it out of my system! During the program, I was able to just sit and soak in the beauty of the moment.
This was my FB post about the night...
"Mackenzie was so honored to sing the Senior solo in the Elementary Easter program tonight. The combo of her beautiful voice singing the lyrics to this song, which are EVERYTHING we celebrate and rejoice in at Easter, plus Jonah's last Easter program, plus Jack's first Easter program...well, my heart is overflowing!"

I was a wretch, I remember who I was
I was lost, I was blind, I was running out of time
Sin separated, the breach was far too wide
But from the far side of the chasm
You held me in Your sight
So You Made a way, across the great divide
Left behind, Heaven's throne, to build it here inside
And there at the cross You paid the debt I owe
Broke my chains, freed my soul, for the first time I had hope
Thank You Jesus, for the blood applied
Thank You Jesus, it has washed me white
Thank You Jesus, You have saved my life
Brought me from the darkness into glorious light.

My heart! Here is the video of Mackenzie singing "Thank You, Jesus For the Blood."
My whole world!
Jack was so excited to dress up in his fancy clothes! Such a handsome little man!
This smile though! LOL! 
I can't even believe this is Jonah's last Easter program!
Jack wanted to take his picture in front of the cross. I didn't realize he was going to do this...
Jack is very interested and trying to understand Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. 
Jack has been singing his Lazarus song for weeks at home. It is such a sweet song, with a beautiful message.
Amazed at how well these PreK kids memorized all of this scripture!
The Lazarus song Jack has been singing for weeks and weeks...
Amazing Scripture memory by the PreK
So proud!




We ditched out on Braums this time and went to Baked Bear instead!
Love these friends!
A little pre-program practice! He was ready!
And here is the full length video of scripture memory leading up to the song, and the whole song.

No comments:

Post a Comment