Monday, June 20, 2022

Week THREE with STBC

The girls both went as campers with STBC this year during week 3. They were so excited to spend time with the Easterwood girls! Something special about this year was that Bailey & Cole also came to camp, for the first time ever. I wasn't sure how the dynamics of all that would work out, but Bailey and Cole both made other friends pretty quickly. Bailey hadn't even gotten on the bus at the church before finding a "boyfriend," so that was something we had to deal with all week. Well--it lasted until maybe Wednesday night, I think. So there was a lot happening during week 3! I also really love spending time with my friend Jennifer during this week. Between checking on Jonah at CrossTimbers, taking care of Jack, and making sure things were going smoothly with the girls & Bailey and Cole, it was a great week--but it was, well, a LOT. I kind of felt like a golf cart uber driver...hahaha...the girls would call or text me when they wanted a ride and I would (usually) come to their rescue! I literally would not come to Falls Creek at all if it weren't for our golf cart, no joke.
The highlight of the week for sure, was Bailey rededicating her life & being baptized in the creek on Friday, and Cole getting saved on Friday night. (separate post) We prayed for those things to happen, and God answered our prayers! 
I'm so glad that our girls still have fun experiencing camp, even though they live here all summer. It's a very different experience for them to be campers, vs what they do on the other weeks here. South Tulsa will always feel like home to us in some way, so it is really nice that we are still able to be a part of this week with them. We love Matt & Shiloh and think they do an amazing job at STBC. 
Here are a bunch of fun pics of the girls throughout the week.
Madi was a little bit nervous, and I know she was pushed out of her comfort zone, but she did great! Cindy White was her small group leader & I was so happy about that. Madi loved her instantly, as I knew she would!
Jack's rosy red cheeks tell the story of how hot it was.
Cole wasn't exactly excited about being at Falls Creek at first, but by the end of the week I think he was glad he came. 
This was after the service when Bailey went forward to rededicate her life. I got to counsel with her & then Brian also talked with her. Bailey has been through so much...I am really praying for her as she moves into this next chapter of her life.
Madi's tummy hurt one night, during the dance party so i picked her up and brought her back to the room for a while. She just needed a few minutes to decompress I think. 
Jack was missing his big sisters!
Jonah was back Thursday evening to do cards!
South Tulsa does a foot washing ceremony for the seniors every year on Thursday night of camp. Pretty cool! This was definitely a different kind of experience for Bailey.
This is how I feel on Friday nights too.
Yea! Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment