Saturday, June 18, 2022

Jack's 2nd Birthday Party!!

Our little Winnie the Pooh boy is turning TWO!! He is a bundle of fun & nonstop work...the "terrible two's" are going to be so much fun! =0) I came home from camp a little early to clean the house and get ready for Jack's party on Saturday. Last year we had his birthday party at GMa's house since its in the middle of camp, but I wanted to do it at home this year. Trying to squeeze a birthday party in between weeks at Falls Creek is tricky, but we made it work! I am determined to do great birthday parties for Jack, just like I've always done for the big kids, even if the timing is extra work for me. His birthday also falls on Father's Day weekend, so that adds another element to planning his party. We kept it simple, with pizza, cupcakes and cookies. Madi has been begging for months to make Jack's cupcakes, so I let her have free reign to do whatever she wanted. She was still at GMa's house for VBS, so she baked and decorated the cupcakes there (yea!) and they brought them home right before the party started. The VBS program happened the same morning as the party, so it was a busy day. Madi's attention to detail and creativity on these cupcakes was amazing!! I may never have to make cupcakes again if she continues to think this is fun! 
We loved spending time with our family and friends who could make it. This was just after we lost Uncle Jimmy, so it was good to be together. I know it gave Poppa Jim something to smile about, and I'm thankful for that. Jack got lots of fun presents. I think his favorite is the water table GMa got him. He had so much fun splashing in that at the end of the party, and I think we all ended up a little wet! It was a beautiful evening, celebrating this precious boy. I know that he felt happy, special and loved, which is always my birthday party goal! 
I didn't love these cookies at first, but the more I look at them, the more I like them. 
I love this quote! So true!
The master cupcake decorator! She is amazing!
I can't pick a favorite, I love them all! 
She even colored the cake batter orange and black and swirled it for the Tigger cupcakes!
An act of love for her baby brother's birthday!
Two things Jack loves: Madi & Winnie the Pooh! 
Love having our home full of our family! 
He was very excited about presents! Haha!
I knew he would love this Olaf pillow!
I mean, it's hard to sit by all those cupcakes and not stick your finger in one! 
His reaction when I told him not to do that...hahaha!
Aunt Barbara has had some health issues recently, so we were so glad she and Uncle Alan could be there for the party.
Two cuties!
He is his father's son!
You know GMa was loving this! We should have added Jonah to the mix and then she would have all her boys in her lap.
Is there anything better than splashing in cold water, in the heat of the summer?! This was a fun way to end a great party!
Presents!
Carver was singing I believe I can fly, while they were swinging...Jack thought this was hilarious! So funny!
Playing in Jack's new water table!

No comments:

Post a Comment