Well, its finally here...FORTY...I have not looked forward to this day for quite some time now. I liked my 30's just fine! Even though this was a "big" milestone birthday, it was pretty low-key. Because our birthdays fall during the first week of camp, there's just really not time to do much celebrating. Our kids made us feel special and loved & we got to be together some, so that's all that really matters. And I am counting down the days until our cruise in February *263* and considering that a late birthday celebration! Can't wait!
The sad part of our birthdays was getting the call late on my birthday that my Uncle Jimmy was not going to make it. He passed away the next morning, on the 8th, Brian's birthday. We will always think of him on that day in the years to come. I left the kids at camp with Brian and drove to Newcastle to be with GMa and Jimmy's family, so I was gone for most of the day. It was a very hard day. Emotionally and physically exhausting.
You know, all those years Brian has carried on about how he's really older than me, even though he was born a day after me...turns out he was right after all! I'm definitely letting him have that one now. It's crazy to think that we have celebrated 27 of our 40 birthdays "together." Wow! I'm so glad we get to grow old together. There's no one else I would rather celebrate with, and I look forward to 40 more!
I haven't been drinking Diet Coke, but I treated myself to one on my birthday. I gradually started drinking it again as the summer went along. Its just so good! And I'm back to the idea that there are worse things I could drink...
Time for a birthday nap!!
We got sweet birthday cards from the kids & the girls even made us a cake at Falls Creek. (I think it cost me around $30--included the pan--to buy everything they needed for this at Dollar General in Davis, but they were so proud of it!) Since I was gone most of the day on Daddy's birthday, we waited until late that night to eat it.





















No comments:
Post a Comment