Monday, June 20, 2022

Jonah's Week at CrossTimbers

Jonah went to Crosstimbers for the first time this summer, and I was having all the feelings about it. I knew he would have a good time, but I was nervous about sending him off without us for the first time. He went with his friend Owen's church, Northwest Baptist, and I knew they would take good care of him. He could have gone with our church, but he really doesn't have any friends there, so we decided he would have more fun this way. 
I dropped him off at the church Monday morning before we headed to Falls Creek. Not gonna lie--I was choking back tears as I pulled out of that parking lot. I asked him if I could come visit him (since we are just down the road at FC) and he said, "Yes, as long as you don't embarrass me!" Then he kissed me on the cheek as he got on the bus...so I'm not sure what exactly he thinks would be embarrassing, but I better not do it!  
We went to visit a couple times while Jonah was at camp. One day we showed up just as it was time for Jonah to do the ropes course. I loved it that we got to be there for that! And let me just say--that ropes course is HIGH and SCARY. I would be terrified up there! Jonah was very brave and we were so proud of him--way to do hard things! Have I mentioned how HOT it is at Crosstimbers? I realize its just down the road from Falls Creek, but something about it is even hotter over there. There is no air flow there, and literally everything is outdoors. I would never make it as a sponsor at Crosstimbers! 
I loved the pictures that I got throughout the week, and I was very happy to have my boy back on Thursday when I picked him up. He had fun, but he was flat exhausted after 3 days out in that heat!
They made name tags for their bunks, while waiting for everyone to register at the church.
Off they go!
I loved that we just happened to show up when they were at the ropes course. 
Jack was soooo excited to see his Bubba!
Jonah was so sweet to share his sno-cone with Jack!
Jack was a filthy mess by the time we left there!
We went back at lunchtime on Wednesday for a quick visit. 
One cool dude!
Whitney Steger sent me this video of Jonah...I love it so much because he has no idea he is being video'd. 
On Thursday morning, they hiked up to the crosses, which Jonah was really excited about. 
I took this picture of Jonah in front of the Crosstimbers sign after I picked him up on Thursday. Things kind of ended on a rough note when Jonah got lost from the group during the clean-up time, and missed their group picture. He was a little upset about it when I picked him up, so that made me upset about it, but we worked through it and it was all okay. I would say his first week of Crosstimbers was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment