Saturday, September 14, 2019

Galaxy's Edge

The thing we were most excited about was getting to experience Galaxy's Edge at Hollywood Studios, that had just opened a few weeks before. Mackenzie was not a happy camper that she was missing out on this, but we promised we would take her one of these days! 
It is no secret that I am NOT a morning person...unless it's a Disney day! =0)
"There is only ONE reason I would ever be excited about waking up this early!" Because Galaxy's Edge was so new, Hollywood Studios had Extra, Extra Magic hours, starting at 6:00 AM. This worked out great for us, because we were trying to pack as much as possible into two days. Another thing that was different on this trip was that we didn't have our own vehicle...we had to completely rely on Disney transportation. I was a little nervous about that, especially because we didn't want to waste a ton of our time waiting on buses to come...but it worked out perfectly! We never waited more than ten minutes to get to the parks or back to the hotel. We got to Hollywood Studios around 5:40, made our way through security, and got coffee (Brian) and breakfast at Starbucks while we waited for the official park opening at 6:00. It was so exciting when the loud speakers came on and the Star Wars music started playing...things like this are what people who don't make the effort to get up early, miss out on. The Storm Troopers marched us through the park and into Galaxy's Edge, which was such a fun start to our day! We got right in line for Smuggler's Run and only waited around 20-30 minutes to ride...it was so much fun that we went back and rode it again a few hours later! We were pilots the first time, definitely the best position to be in, and engineers the second time, which was in the back and I wouldn't recommend. We went into Oga's Cantina, just because we wanted to see it, and got a fun drink and Brian got some kind of weird oatmeal yogurt thing. Disney's theming and attention to detail is unlike anything else in the world...Galaxy's Edge was incredible and I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan. The second ride wasn't open yet, so we will definitely look forward to riding that one next time we come! 

I loved that we got to see Galaxy's Edge in the dark & in daylight too! 
Full ride GoPro:
Inside the Millennium Falcon ride:

After we came off the ride, the sun was starting to come up and the photographers were starting to come out. 
Oga's Cantina:
Ride #2:
I don't have a clue what he is doing in this picture, but apparently it would make sense to someone who has paid more attention to the movies?! 
I really wanted one of these little bomb looking Diet Coke bottles...believe it or not, this is the ONLY souvenir thing we took home. We didn't even buy anything for the kids! I can't even believe that...but we literally just didn't want to take the time to stop and shop. 
Chewie was fun & came in for a close-up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment