Anxiety (Is More Than) Lack of Faith
I came across this image the other day, and I was like "woah..." that is the clearest picture of all the ways anxiety presents itself that I have ever seen. It really gets under my skin when people have this attitude that anxiety is something you can just pray away. As if you don't have enough faith, if you struggle with anxiety. I guess that can be true in some cases, but for people who really have an anxiety disorder, well...its more than just praying it away. I have learned that more and more over the years, as I have struggled with it, and even more in the past few years as Brian began to struggle with it, in relation to his POTS syndrome. For me, anxiety most often presents itself as irritability, overindulgence, lack of concentration and avoidance. I think every single person struggles with anxiety on some level, at some point in their life...how could you not...but I pray often for my kids, that it isn't something that they have to carry on a daily basis.

No comments:
Post a Comment