Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Madison's Territorial School Field Trip

Madison's class went on a field trip to the Territorial Schoolhouse in Edmond, very close to our house. It is very little and crowded in there, so only two moms were able to go...I was so happy that I got to be one of those, especially since I missed her Land Run the week before. They got to do all kinds of fun things that kids would've done at school a hundred years ago...there was even a "schoolmarm" who taught them for the day. Madison had a small meltdown when she got out during the first round of the spelling bee, but other than that, it was a great day! Every time we do something like this, it gives me a whole new appreciation for the technology (and air conditioning and running water) that we have today...I never would've made it back then! =0)
The schoolmarm had each of the students introduce themselves & then she talked with them a little bit. I'm quite sure Madison was very nervous about this! She talked about her rag doll.
The mural painted on this building is really cool!
Presley had to sit on the one-legged stool.
Oh, my word...she actually raised her hand to answer a math question!! She didn't get called on, but I was just so proud that she would even raise her hand to try and answer! 
Time for the dreaded spelling bee...
Sweet girl couldn't hold her tears in when she got out.. 
They were LOUD in the bus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment