Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Mackenzie's 6th Grade Graduation

Our baby girl graduated from the 6th grade tonight...watching your kids grow up is such a bittersweet experience. I absolutely love the "young lady" version of Mackenzie, but my heart aches and misses my baby girl! It's hard to believe that her elementary years are behind us. I am so thankful for every single year that has brought us to this point...2 years of ELP Preschool at STBC, Kindergarten through 3rd grade at Regent, 4th & 5th grade at OCS, and now 6th grade at CHA...what a fun ride it has been! This year has been an absolute GIFT to us...I am so thankful that God brought us to CHA in time for Mackenzie to experience 6th grade here. For one thing, it was a *bonus* year of elementary for us, because if we would'v'e stayed at OCS, 6th grade is Middle School. Also, it has been an extra special year because Mackenzie, Madison & Jonah were all in elementary together at the same time. It's sometimes hard for me to even remember that Mackenzie was a "new" kid this year, because she has just jumped right in and found her place so easily at CHA. God is so faithful! The two years we spent at OCS were very hard, so to see her thrive this year has just been a huge answer to prayer. 

During the graduation program, the kids performed the song "As We Go." Mackenzie had been telling me for weeks that this song was going to make me cry during the program. Well, she was right! Holy. Moly. Whew! I did smile through my tears at her, because she kept grinning while she was singing. What absolutely precious words...I couldn't wish anything more for Mackenzie than the message of this song, as she transitions to this new chapter of her life! 

As we go
May your spirit go before us
As we go
May we follow where you lead
May we live what we have learned
Share the message we have heard
And be a light unto the world
As we go
Lord we trust
We will see Your spirit leading
When we fear
We will keep our eyes on you
Knowing you will be our guide
And your perfect will abide
Give us grace to share your love
As we go...

My heart is filled with all kinds of emotions...but above all, I am filled with love and thankfulness! God is so good! 

Mackenzie, 
You are beautiful. 
You are deeply loved. 
You are going to do big things in life.
And we can't wait to be your biggest fans every step of the way!
We love you,
Momma & Daddy

Now, I'm not going to blink, because I know if I do...I will find myself at her High School graduation 6 years from now. Stop. The. Clock! Whyyyyy does it have to go by so fast?
I took Mackenzie shopping for a dress a few days before this, and I absolutely love this dress that she chose! She doesn't love wearing dresses, so I wasn't sure how shopping would go, but this was one of the first ones she tried on. And bonus...it was on clearance for $12. No joke! 
Isabelle, Abby, Hope, Jordan, Mackenzie & Abigail
Jordan, Abigail & Daelyn have become Mackenzie's good friends this year. 
Love this one! 
These girls got really good at posing for pictures on the DC trip! 
Beauties!!
Looking at their baby pictures & trying to figure out who everyone is! 
I was so glad she made it across that stage without trying in these huge heels! 
Mackenzie's Senior Buddy is Isabella Cruz and she is the absolute sweetest! She brought Mackenzie a bracelet & wrote her the nicest note. Mackenzie is so excited about getting to know her next year! 
I decided Mackenzie needed a little present from us too, so I went to Rustic Cuff earlier in the day! 
I think she liked it! =0)
Oh how we love Mrs. Kemery!! 
And Mrs. Gracia too! 
Our kids are blessed beyond measure to have the most amazing grandparents to love and support them! 
Jonah & his reading buddy, Brave...how adorable is this?!
Mandatory after-program trip to Braums!
And a few more baby pics...ughhhhhh!!!! LOVE!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment