The morning of the first day of school is always hectic and rushed, no matter how early I get up to try to avoid that happening. Brian would probably add right here that maybe if I didn't insist on taking 213 pictures, it might not be as stressful...to which I would respond..."hush it!" (And, this first day of school wasn't anything like last years, when we had to drive to Edmond from Newcastle.)
We are very thankful for God's provision to have another year of private education for our kids! And we are so happy that Jonah gets to join the party at OCS this year!
They all three looked so pretty and handsome on the first day of school! Madison said she was nervous a few times, but Mackenzie and Jonah was just both very excited. Jonah picked out a dinosaur backpack, Madison chose puppies (of course!) and Mackenzie just had to have this shiny purple one. Praying they all have a great first day!
When we were trying to decide on a school in OKC for the kids before we moved, we really didn't know what to do. I agonized over it until I nearly made myself sick. While we do have a peace about them being at OCS, I still struggle because what I really want for them is to be starting 5th grade, 3rd grade, and E2 as Regent Rams. And if I'm being honest, sometimes it makes me downright angry that they don't get to do that. But, God had other plans...and I'm still trying to understand that and embrace all that He has for us here. I'm sure glad He is patient with me! I know that His best is better than my best for my kids...He loves them even more than I do, and I know that He goes with them no matter what school they are at! And just look at the smiles on these kids faces...that should be enough to make me happy that they are starting their second year as OCS Saints!
What am I going to do with myself now that all three of my babies are in school?? I can't even think about it right now or I'll start crying!
Pics we took at home before heading to school! I loved all of their first day of school outfits!
The hair!
Her last first day of elementary school...again, not thinking about it...here come the tears! Such a little beauty!
Watch out 3rd grade, here she comes!! Sweet 'n Sassy at the same time!

No comments:
Post a Comment