Wednesday, August 16, 2017

3rd grade, Here She Comes!

Our sweet Madi Joy is a 3rd grader!! Say what?! We are so proud of this girl...she has THE most compassionate heart, she is full of love and kindness, she is a great helper and a wonderful friend, and she is very smart and works so hard! We are excited about 3rd grade and all we know she is going to learn this year! We couldn't be happier that she has Mrs. Van Curen. That is an answer to our prayers! Madison's personality is very shy and timid, and she expressed a couple times this morning that she was nervous and her tummy hurt. I wish I could take that away from her, but I am just praying that God goes before her and that she has a wonderful first day of 3rd grade! Much like our prayer for Mackenzie today, we are praying that Madison would continue to feel settled and comfortable at OCS and continue building on friendships here. Last year on the second day of school, she was sobbing and begging to never go back to school when I picked her up...oh Lord, please let us not start this school year off that way! That thought makes me think back to last year & how scary and overwhelming it was to drop the girls off in this new unfamiliar place...I am so very thankful that this year it isn't like that! 
Madison got a sweet welcome from Mrs. Van Curen!
I am so, so, SO thankful that Adlee is in Madi's class again this year! They formed such a quick friendship last year, and I know it helps Madison so much to have Adlee with her again this year...another answer to prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment