Wednesday, August 16, 2017

New (Pre-K) Kid on the Block

Watch out OCS...there's a new kid on the block! My baby is a school boy now!! I loved having him at home with me for the second half of last year, but he was very ready to start Pre-K this year! We are so thankful that we were able to get some assistance with tuition, so that he could be there with the girls. Originally, the plan was going to be to put him in the Henderson Hills Pre-K program, but I am so thankful that this worked out instead! I LOVE that he is at the same school with the girls, and specifically in the same building with Madison. This will be the only year that happens, because she will move to the Upper Elementary building next year. We decided to just do half days for Jonah this year, so he goes from 8:00-11:00. We were originally signed up for afternoons, but a spot opened up in mornings and I think that will work so much better for him. He was happy as could be and didn't seem to be anxious or sad AT ALL when we dropped him off, which I was very glad about. He gave us a big hug and kiss, and went right on into his classroom! The dinosaur backpack he picked out is nearly as big as he is! I was so happy to pick him up at 11:00 and see this great big smile on his face. He gave his first day of PreK two big thumbs up!! He also told me very enthusiastically that he didn't kiss anybody at school...I guess the little pep-talks we had with him about that paid off! 
I love it that Madi will get to walk Jonah into his classroom every morning. Right now, she thinks that is really fun, but I'm wondering how long it will take for that to wear off. Haha!
I would love to know what he was saying to her! 
It was so cute to see them come walking out for carpool! Jonah waved and waved and was so excited to see me!
Two thumbs up for Pre-K!!

No comments:

Post a Comment