Sunday, July 27, 2014

Myrtle Beach Fun Day ONE

We spent our first day in Myrtle Beach...you guessed it...at the beach! It happened to fall on a Sunday and it felt kind of strange to be at the beach instead of at church, but we enjoyed God's beautiful ocean and were so thankful to be together after 2 weeks apart. I was totally caught off guard by the THOUSANDS of people at Myrtle Beach...there were literally beach umbrellas lining the entire beach and people everywhere. Jonah wasn't too interested in the water at first, but he loved the sand. Mackenzie loved picking up seashells and both of the girls loved boogie boarding. I was so impressed that they weren't bothered by the salt water getting in their eyes or mouth. I only go into the ocean up to my waste...I can't handle the salt water! I'm a wimp, I know! Here are a bunch of pictures from our first day at the beach. I'm sure people were staring at me with my big slr camera, thinking I was crazy for having it out on the sandy beach, but I was very careful and didn't get any sand or water on it. And, I'm glad I took that chance, because I have all of these wonderful pictures to commemorate our fun day!
I do have to add this...
1. It is a LOT of work getting 3 kids READY to go to the beach.
2. It is a LOT of working keeping up with 3 kids ON the beach.
3. It is a WHOLE LOT of work getting 3 kids cleaned up AFTER the beach.
4. There is nothing relaxing about it, but it is Oh, So Worth It!
Jonah's cheeks get so red and rosy when he is hot.
Grandma Baldwin made Madi a sand recliner to sit in!
It didn't take Jonah long to realize it was a lot of fun to run around on the beach. He didn't want anyone holding onto him either, but if we didn't he would take off!
Daddy was on Jonah Duty most of the time at the beach!
After a while, he was ready to rest and watch Mickey Mouse on my phone!
Grandpa Baldwin was helping Madi with the boogie board!
Those cheeks...
Love this smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment