On Monday evening, Brian and I went out on a date while the kids stayed with Grandma & Grandpa Baldwin. That is a DEFINITE perk of going on vacations with Grandparents...a night out for us! It was so wonderful to have a few relaxing hours for just the two of us. Summer time is so crazy and I have really missed having Brian "home" the last few weeks. It is crazy to think that in just one week we will be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary! Our love is sweeter than ever and I can truly say that I love him more every day. God has blessed us immensely! We were having a conversation the other day and Brian said, "I'm an optimist..." and what he didn't say, but was thinking, I went ahead and said for him..."and I'm a pessimist." Then we laughed! God truly knew that I needed someone to balance my tendency to have a glass half empty perspective on things. He also knew that I needed a calm, laid-back, easy going person to counter my anxious, anything but laid-back personality! =0)
We had dinner at a restaurant on the ocean, called Pier 14. It was very good and the best part was that I didn't have to cut up anybody's food or keep any drinks from spilling! After dinner we were planning to ride the big Sky Wheel, but it started raining so we weren't able to. Instead, we walked on the boardwalk for a while and then went to the mall and looked around at things for our new house. Then we headed back to tuck our kids in bed!
He's so handsome!

No comments:
Post a Comment