Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ahoy, Matey's!

About a week or so before we went to Myrtle Beach, I came across some information for the Pirates Voyage dinner show and it looked like so much fun. But, it was expensive so I didn't think we would be able to do it. As we drove into Myrtle Beach there were literally 30 billboard signs about it and as we sat on the beach, airplanes flew by advertising it...it was just meant to be for us to go! I found a place where Brian and I could go through a 2 hour time share tour (that turned out to be nearly 3 1/2 hours long) and get all 5 of our tickets for $39...I didn't want to do the tour at all, but it was SO worth it! It would have cost us over $160 if we would have paid full price. So, on Wednesday afternoon at 1:00, before Grandma & Grandpa Baldwin left, we went to the Pirates Voyage. This was probably the highlight of our whole trip for me. It was advertised as "The Most Fun Place to Eat," and I think that was definitely true! Grandma & Grandpa paid for the girls to have pirate & mermaid makeovers and they bought Jonah a little pirate set with a sword and eye patch. They also got the girls little bags of "treasure jewels" at the end too. If Jonah were a little bigger, he would have had a pirate makeover, but I didn't think he would like it very much or sit still long enough to do it.
The meal and the show were fantastic! There were sea lions, parrots, mermaids, acrobats, and pirate fights...other than Mackenzie being afraid of the loud noises at times, all three of the kids loved it. Jonah was completely captivated and actually sat in his own seat the entire time. We had a 5 course meal and got to watch a wonderful show at the same time. You weren't really allowed to take pictures in the actual show, but I managed to sneak a few with my phone!

Prettiest pirate ever!
The most beautiful mermaid I've ever seen!
She wore her Ariel shirt since she was a mermaid!
After getting their makeovers, we watched the pirates do a pre-show before going into the actual theatre where we ate and saw the show.
We tried and tried to get a picture of Jonah with his eye patch on, but this is as good as we got...and of course my face is right in the way. Oh well!
The fingernail biter...I wonder where he got there from? eek!
Here is a real quick video I took during the beginning of the show. We sat on the crimson side and our pirate captain was a lady, which the girls thought was the best ever!
This was at the end of the show. It really was exceptional!
I can't forget to mention that Pony came to the Pirates Voyage too. In fact, about halfway through the show during a scary part with ghosts, Madison asked for Pony, who was in the diaper bag, because "Pony was probably scared and wanted to sit in Madi's lap." Hahaha! Pony got to wear a pirate earring too! I've never known a girl to love a "toy" so much! When I asked Madison what she liked about the Pirates Voyage, she said "the soup!" Haha! It was served in a cup without a spoon, so you had to pick it up and drink it. She thought that was fun, and I agree with her...it was tasty!
We had such a wonderful vacation with Grandma & Grandpa Baldwin. I was sad for them to leave when we got back to the resort after the Pirates Voyage. We spent the rest of the afternoon/evening just relaxing and doing nothing. It was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment