Friday, July 4, 2014

God Bless the USA

Spending the 4th of July at the lake has become a tradition that we all love! And, eating rocket pops, mainly for the purpose of cute pictures, is also a tradition that I especially love! This was the first time in probably 6 years or so that we haven't hung out with the Phares' during the week of July 4th, but they were at Falls Creek so it didn't work out this year. Hopefully we will be able to get back to that next year. We had a great 4th of July at the lake...we went tubing and swimming, had a picnic lunch on the boat, Brian and I bought a few fireworks...mainly parachutes and smoke bombs that we popped in the afternoon, we had Grandpa Baldwin's famous "Daddy Burgers" and we took the boat over to Eufaula Cove for the fireworks. Thankfully, no one was burned by smoke bombs and we didn't have to put out any fires with snow cone machines or flip flops! Been there, done that!
It was definitely a fun filled day, from start to finish! Going on the boat to see the fireworks is a lot of fun, even though I'm always kind of nervous about it for some reason. (Last year, two boats collided and someone died, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.) We took lots of snacks and I had bought the kids a bunch of glow sticks to play with. At one point during the fireworks, Amy leaned over and said, "Isn't it cool that all of this is ours?" Our families have grown so much over the years and we truly are blessed to live in the freedom of the USA!
Jonah was totally into his rocket pop!
Poor Madi's eyes were really bothering her at this point. I thought she got bug spray in them the night before, but it turns out she just had an eye infection that had to run its course.
Mackenzie shared the rest of her popsicle with Bentley!
Proof of just how much Jonah enjoyed his popsicle!
Parachutes!
Crazy things like this always seem to happen when Brian and his brothers get together...let's play baseball with the smoke bombs!
Here we are headed to Eufaula Cove on the boat.
Jonah didn't make it long...he was a sleepy boy!
Madison was a real trooper, even though her eyes were making her feel pretty miserable.
Mack still wasn't a fan of the loud fireworks, but she did much better this year than last year!
Here are a few added pic's from when we took Madison with us to buy fireworks earlier in the day and also some misc. pics of the kids playing at the lake.
She felt very special that she was the only one that got to pick out fireworks! (Mack chose to stay at the cabin and play with her cousins.)
Grandma Baldwin snapped this one last picture of our family before we left! Such a fun 4th of July!
This was on our way back to Tulsa from the lake...I called the kids' eye dr, Dr. Groves and he had his personal phone number on his office machine, so we called him and he told us to text him a picture of Madison's eyes. I was very worried about it at this point, and I felt so much better when he said not to be concerned, that it was just an infection that would run its course. That was much needed affirmation!

No comments:

Post a Comment