Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Shepherd's Cross Sheep Farm

Mackenzie's 1st grade class at Regent went to the Shepherd's Cross sheep farm on Tuesday and it was so much fun! And COLD! What is the deal with his weather?! I definitely wasn't planning on it...I packed away all of our warm clothes! Mackenzie rode with Preslee and I rode with Connie to the sheep farm, which is in Claremore. The kids learned about making things out of wool and all kinds of interesting things about sheep, such as baby sheep are always black...who know? Somebody needs to tell the people who illustrate children's Bibles! My favorite part of the day was when the kids said Psalm 23 in the middle of the sheep pasture. My heart was so happy at that moment, that Mackenzie gets to continue her education at Regent for at least one more year. Another thing I loved was how the shepherdess paralleled sheep and the shepherd with the Bible. After learning about the sheep, we had a picnic lunch and then headed back to the school. Connie and I made an interesting stop on our way before back! That's all I will say about that... I was so thankful that Kari watched Jonah for me and Madison had school, so I was able to go on this field trip with Mackenzie!
Mackenzie had to draw a picture about something she learned at the sheep farm.
We tied Wal-mart sacks over the kids shoes to keep them from stepping into a mess.
Mackenzie really wanted to buy this peacock feather for $1!

No comments:

Post a Comment