Sunday, May 4, 2014

Moving Day!

On Sunday afternoon, the day after Brian got back from Guatemala, our awesome church family showed up to help us move our stuff out of our house. It was a somewhat overwhelming process for me because I had to have everything completely ready to go during the week Brian was gone. I never could have done it without our moms helping us! It was definitely bittersweet to see all of our stuff being carried out of our house. But, at this point I was ready for it to be done. We are so unbelievably blessed by the church family God has given us. There were close to 20 people that showed up to help us. I would list everyone out, but I don't want to accidentally leave anyone out! Connie graciously took care of the kids so they wouldn't be in the middle of everything, which was so helpful! It took around 4 hours to load up all of our stuff, drive it over to storage, and unload it. We had a big horse trailer, a smaller cargo trailer, a flat bed trailer and the backs of 3 trucks full of our stuff. Thankfully it all fit! We managed to finish just in time to get to Mackenzie's choir program at church that night. To say we were tired at the end of this day is a definite understatement. When it was all said and done, we were left with pretty much our suitcases, an ice chest, our tv, Jonah's bed and two air mattresses to sleep on for the remainder of that week. It was weird to walk back into an empty house that night. While we were at church, Mike Pierce had brought over and set up air mattresses for us to sleep on, with sheets on them and everything. What a great friend! That was such a relief to me, because I thought I was going to have to go buy sheets because all of ours were packed away. (I had some out, but at the last minute we put them on the mattresses to protect both sides, so off to storage they went!) We felt so blessed and relieved to have this day behind us. This was the first major hurdle in this whole crazy moving/building a house process that has become our life this summer! 
Empty rooms = Sad
Here is our stuff in storage...it will be like Christmas when we get to unpack all of these boxes in August! I'm trying to convince myself of that anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment