After leaving the house for the last time, taking some of our stuff to the Steen's, picking Mack up from school, and going to a 1st grade picnic at the park, we finally loaded into the van and drove to G-Ma's house. I. Was. Exhausted. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. We had a much needed fun, relaxing evening at G-Ma's house, fishing and having s'mores around a campfire. I have never seen fish bite so quickly when the worm hits the water...within a matter of 2 seconds, we had them hooked. I bet we caught 25 or 30 fish! They caught some of the tiniest fish I have ever seen...the girls loved these "babies" the most of course! Madison is so funny about worms...she loved holding them and even pulling them apart for the fishing hooks...ewww! She definitely didn't get that from her Momma. I was content to sit inside and read or color while everyone else was outside. I'm still that way to this day! Jonah got to catch his first fish with Daddy and it was very exciting! I have to add this story...G-Ma bought each of the kids a new fishing pole and they had these little rubber fish on them to practice casting with...well, while she and I were at the store, Madison's rubber fish fell into the pond and she was absolutely devastated. Brian, being the best Daddy in the world, strips down to his underwear and goes into the pond...he went under the water for 10 or 15 minutes trying to find the rubber fish...to no avail...the water got stirred up and so muddy that he couldn't see. Madison was disappointed, but he gave it his best shot, and had terrible allergy problems for the next 2 days because of it. I love him for doing things like that for our kids!
This was the kickoff of our "homeless" adventure...it was a pretty fun start, so maybe that's a good indication that it won't be that bad after all!
Warning...there are a LOT of fishing pictures. I was having fun with my new camera!
Jonah could not be loose at all...he would go straight for the water and he has zero fear of it.
Jonah wasn't too into touching the fish!
This makes me laugh! We literally couldn't let go of him for even a second!
Yep...she pulled those worms right in half!
Sometimes she had to pull hard! ugh!
I think Madison got the prize for biggest fish of the night. This bass was pretty big!
Such a beautiful evening!
I LOVE this picture! G-Ma has these pretty lights strung up all over her backyard.
Jonah's turn!
I love the expression on his face! He was so excited!
He finally gave up and sat in the chair!
Now that's a serious fisherman! She was reeling hard!
Her face!
What better way to end the evening than with a fire and s'mores!

No comments:
Post a Comment