Mackenzie's had to do a semester project and at the last minute we switched from a Lego project (WHY I ever agreed to that, I don't know!) to a "Facts about Birds" project. We were inspired by her new birdfeeder that she got at the book fair at school recently. G-Ma also had a nest with 5 baby birds on her porch swing, so we were able to take some neat pictures. It was so cute...I would whistle at them and they would all open their mouths, thinking that their momma was bringing them food!
I did my science fair project on birds when I was in the 1st grade, so I think this is pretty special! Mackenzie and I spent several hours at G-Ma's house on Saturday working on her project. I was so proud of her...she hand wrote all of this information, in one setting, without hardly any complaining! We included information about "Where Birds Live," "How to Identify Birds," "What Birds Eat," "What Birds Make their Nests out of," "Fun Bird Facts," "Feathers," "Bills and Beaks," and "Talons and Toes." We had a real hummingbird nest on a tree limb and a bird painting by G-Ma to complete the project.
Mackenzie was very proud of the finished product!

No comments:
Post a Comment