This was the few days leading up to moving all of our stuff out of our house. Brian was in Guatemala until late Saturday evening, and then at 2:00 the next afternoon, 20 people showed up at our house to help us move out...can you say bad timing?! When he planned to go on that trip, we hadn't sold our house and we had no way of knowing that it would fall in place the way it did. Sooo...I pretty much packed our house up and had it ready to go when he got back. (I'm not saying he didn't help at all, but truthfully I did most of it!) =0) Thankfully, I had lots of help from our moms during the week he was gone. With every picture I took off the walls and every box I sealed, it was bittersweet.
Peeling the stickers off of the girls walls was so sad for me. I didn't want them to be sad about it though, so we kind of made a game out of it. And we kept several of the stickers on one of the boards on the bed. In some ways, leaving this house signifies an end to the chapter of having "little girls" to me. We talked a lot about how they want to decorate their new rooms and tried to focus on what we were gaining, instead of what we were leaving behind.
Taking down these curtains was hard...it took me 4 1/2 years to finally put them up! Thankfully, they will work perfectly in our new living room too!
We decided to sell our couches because we are planning to get new ones and we just don't have room in storage for them. I seriously laid on the couch and cried the day before they were picked up. I am entirely too emotionally attached to my "things," I KNOW!
This is another big one...our swing set...I couldn't stand the thought of leaving it...but when Brian went to take it apart, the bolts were all stripped out and he couldn't save it. I was sad, but again tried to think of what we would gain (a new swingset!), instead of what we were losing. Poppa Jim bought this for Mackenzie when we moved into our house, so it does hold sentimental value to me.
On Saturday evening, mom went to Clint & Abigail's for dinner and the kids and I had a picnic on the trampoline and just enjoyed one more "normal" evening in our backyard. We were all ready for Daddy to be home in a few hours!
Grandma & Grandpa Baldwin took the little playhouse to the lake for the summer. We may or may not end up having it at our new house. But, when I started to post on FB that someone could have it if they wanted to come get it, I started crying so hard that Brian said, "we'll keep it." =0)
This is what everything looked like Saturday afternoon, all packed up and just waiting to be loaded up.
Dance party in the living room! I love the way kids are so resilient. They bring such joy and happiness to hard situations.
Jonah's bed was still in the house, but he was much happier in our bed! He is our little cuddler!
YEA!!! He's HOME!!!
Madison found a ladybug in the yard earlier in the day and saved it as a present for Daddy!
He brought journals for the girls and a shaker for Jonah. He did good! He even brought me a new nativity set! He's such a great guy...he's just not allowed to go on anymore trips for a while! Well, until summer anyway!

No comments:
Post a Comment