Monday, September 2, 2024

Uncle John

On Monday, September 2nd, my Uncle John went to be with Jesus. Oh, how we are going to miss him! I wasn't particularly close to Uncle John as a child, but I love that he has gotten to be such a part of my kids' lives over these past several years. He doesn't have grandchildren, so my kids have kind of been that to him. Some things I will always remember about Uncle John--he was an FBI man, he loved pepper--lots of it, on everything, he loved his dogs, he loved OU football almost as much as Poppa Jim, and he was so very generous. He always gave $100 bills at all of my kids birthdays---way, way more than the money, we will miss the smile on his face when they opened up that card and pulled out a $100 bill! He also gave each of the girls $1,000 to help send them to Portugal this past summer. So generous! My heart is broken for my Poppa Jim--he and Uncle John were very, very close, and I know what a big hole this leaves in Poppa's heart.
I had the privilege of putting together the video for Uncle John's service. We chose songs that were upbeat and fitting for Uncle John's life. I just wish he could have seen it, because I am certain he would have loved it.
Until heaven, Uncle John...
This picture is of Lee & Hazel, my Great-Grandparents, Poppa Jim parents.
Sometimes Brian asks the question "what do you know about your great-great Grandparents?" Well--I don't know very much, but I am so glad to have these pictures of them. So handsome and beautiful!
My Great-Grandma, Hazel
This is my favorite! That smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment