Thursday, September 5, 2024

Putting It Out There

Just over a week after Brian was told his position was being eliminated, we went ahead and made it public information by posting on Facebook. We did this for a few reasons, but most importantly--we didn't want anyone speculating or guessing about what happened. In ministry, you hear of people dealing with moral failure issues all of the time, and we didn't want any part of that. We wanted people to hear from us, what was happening, in a straight-forward but respectful way. The instant outpouring of love and encouraging words for Brian and our family was immense. It made me wonder--do Brian's bosses have a clue of the impact he has had in Oklahoma youth ministry? I think the answer is no--they don't know--or they don't care. I'm not sure which is worse. 
There were a lot of tears shed, especially within these first few weeks. As we said in the Facebook post,  at the end of it all, we just want to be found faithful. 
I am going to include a sampling of the comments people left on this post--there were over 300 of them so I can't include them all--but I don't want us to ever forget the impact and the power of encouraging words. So thankful for the village of people God has surrounded us with...

No comments:

Post a Comment