We celebrated Jonah's birthday at home on Sunday afternoon. It was a sweet time spent with our family! Jonah got all kinds of fun gifts--basketball cards, Thunder and Zelda stuff, purple Lebrons from Grandma Baldwin, and a hoover board from me and Daddy. Jonah didn't really ask for this, but we knew he would love it. (And let's be real--I knew it wouldn't take long for Brian to jump on it too!) Jack will be riding the hoover board before we know it!
Our life is just a rollercoaster right now--on our way home from church right before the party, Madi was driving and when she pulled into the garage she accidentally hit the gas pedal instead of the brake and drove my car into the garage wall. I can't even make this stuff up! Of course she felt terrible about this, and we assured her it was just an accident and it was okay. We didn't say a word to anyone about it, because we didn't want to embarrass her. Brian and I kept looking at each other throughout the party like "What is even happening to us?!" =0) Especially when we looked over in the corner of the living room and realized the sheet rock had busted through the wall! Thankfully, no one noticed. Our family mostly all knew about Brian's job but we didn't talk about it much, because we just wanted to have a fun time celebrating our boy! Another sad part of this day was that it was our first party without Uncle John, and we all felt his absence. He was at home on hospice and actually passed away the following day. I am so thankful for all of the years we had with him, and all the joy and happiness that coming to our kids birthday parties brought him. I will sure miss seeing his smile when my kids would open their birthday cards from him with a $100 bill inside. It wasn't about the money--it was about those smiles, from the giver and the receiver!
Birthday party days are my favorite--surrounded by the people we love the most--especially in this season of life, I am reminded of how special and important it is to hold your people close.
No matter what, nothing was going to stop us from celebrating Jonah! Our baby boy is almost a teenager...goodness...time flies!

Jonah loves the color purple!
Told ya...
Checking out basketball cards with Poppa Jim!
I don't love this picture of me, but I sure love my Poppa Jim!
I do love this picture!!

















































No comments:
Post a Comment