On Saturday, I took Madi for a girls day. We had lunch at Freddy's, went shopping at Uptown Cheapskate, Target and Sephora, and finished the day with Fro-yo at Menchies. We had the best day together! I also used this time to have a little purity talk with Madi. We listened to some of the Passport to Purity sessions, but mostly just talked. I feel so bad, because I went through that whole curriculum with Mackenzie when she was younger and I meant to do the same with Madi. But...life happened...covid happened, Jack happened, and somehow fast forward 3 years and I still haven't done it. #momfail So I finally decided to just take the pressure off of doing the whole thing and just hit the important parts. =0) Talking about purity and God's design for sex can be uncomfortable, but we want our kids to hear about it from us, and know that they can always talk to us about anything. We live in a world that tells so many lies about sex, body image, marriage...everything really...so it is very important to us to make sure our kids know what God says about it all. I will say that it was much harder to have this conversation with a 15 year old, than it was with a 12 year old. =0) We pray every day for Madi, that she would make decisions that honor the Lord and that she would always put him first in her life. We are praying that at the right time, God would bring the right man for her to marry someday, and that in the meantime she would wait for him.
Instead of taking Madi on a trip or something, I just took her shopping instead, and she was perfectly happy about that! The girl loves to shop...especially at Sephora! I wish we would have had more time and money to do something bigger right now, but our life is still pretty upside-down, and this was a conversation and day that I felt like couldn't wait any longer.




No comments:
Post a Comment