Ever since I was a little girl, worry and anxiety have been a thorn in my flesh. I can remember vividly my Momma quoting Matthew 6:34 many times to me... "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself..." as I laid in bed at night, unable to sleep because I was worrying over something. As hard as I try, I still struggle with it.
The past few weeks, it seems like one tragic thing after another happens...the young boy dying at Falls Creek, recent news of a little one year old drowning, a friend from High School tragically lost her husband...it can just be overwhelming at times and it makes me anxious and sad. I've been having nightmares about awful things happening to my kids. One involving Jonah and a snake, and that's all I want to remember about that.
I really dislike that saying "you're either going through a storm, just came out of a storm, or you will be going through one soon..." It scares me. So when my mind won't stop racing with "what if's" I cling to this quote instead..."We may not know what tomorrow holds, but we do know who holds tomorrow." Every day I must wake up and choose to trust God.


No comments:
Post a Comment