I recently saw this quote & it pretty much fits our family perfectly..."Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show." We definitely go on a lot of adventures, mostly thanks to Brian's love and obsession with traveling! Back in January, Brian decided that we should go somewhere for Spring Break. Don't get me wrong...I love to travel too, but it costs MONEY! =0) And of course, what started out as a "cheap," relaxed trip to Brian Head, UT to stay in a timeshare for a week, turned into something altogether different. But...it was FUN!! And I'm so very glad we did it! It's just money, right?! This was my first trip to Arizona, New Mexico, Utah & Nevada.
So here is the beginning of our adventure. On Friday before Spring Break, Mackenzie and Jonah went to school for the morning while I went on a field trip with Madison. We picked them up around 12:30 and hit the road. Our first travel day went very smoothly, until after our dinner stop at McDonald's. About 30 minutes down the road, without ANY warning, Jonah threw up everywhere. ALL over his PawPatrol pillow. (which we had no choice to leave on the side of the road--I KNOW...that's so bad...but we were in the middle of nowhere & literally could not travel with that pillow in our van.) I felt so bad for my sweet baby...he was so sick. We made it to our hotel about an hour later, and let's just say it was a long night. He threw up several more times and I ended up moving him to the bathroom floor to sleep. I was so worried about him and fretting over the rest of us coming down with this stomach bug and ruining our vacation, that I didn't sleep more than an hour all night. Not the greatest way to kick off our trip, but thankfully Jonah woke up feeling much better and no-one else got sick! Thank you, Jesus!
10 Days. 6 States. 3 National Parks. 2 Disney Parks. 2 Hours in Las Vegas. 2 Stops at In-n-Out Burger. Countless Memories Made.
Priceless.
Here is the Quik Video of ENTIRE TRIP!! It's long, I know...but I love it and I'm so glad we made these memories together! Sure do love my family!
Off we go!
Just dancin' it out at our first gas station stop!
Pre-Tummy Bug
During tummy bug...
I hate it so badly when my babies are sick. =0( Jonah finally stopped throwing up around 3:00 in the morning and slept on this pillow pallet I made for him in the bathroom floor. I slept in the hall right beside him. The ground was so hard and I was hurting and sore the next morning, but this baby wanted me to hold his hand all night, and there was no other place I would've been than right by his side.
Daddy took the girls down to breakfast the next morning while I got ready, and then we hit the road again.

Post-Tummy Bug! So happy to see this sweet smile again!
This is my road trip position right here! =0)
First glimpse of mountains!






















No comments:
Post a Comment