Saturday, March 2, 2019

Happy (late) Birthday G-Ma!

We spent Saturday afternoon at G-Ma's house, celebrating her birthday and spending time with family! I was so excited to find my Grandma Jean's Mississippi Mud Cake recipe that she always made for my mom on her birthday, so I decided to try to make it. I'm quite sure it wasn't as good as my Grandma made it, but everyone seemed to like it and I know my mom loved it! I think about how much I look forward to the strawberry pizza she makes for me every year on my birthday, so I know this was sentimental for her. After lunch, the boys bundled up and went fishing down at the pond. This video of Carver and Jonah makes me laugh so hard..."Yet's eat him!" They were excited about the thought of eating the tiny fish they caught, and yet Jonah wasn't about to touch it! Mackenzie wasn't feeling well and spent most of the day laying on G-Ma's bed. =0( She and Jonah spent the night with G-Ma while Brian, Madison and I went to Winter Jam in OKC. 
Oh, how we LOVE G-Ma!!! She's the absolute best! I felt kind of bad that she was cooking for all of us when we celebrated her birthday, but she insisted that's what she wanted to do. I get it though...when my kids are grown, the greatest gift they can give me will just be to come spend time with me! 
Here is a picture of the cake (which was almost ruined because of our current ant situation...UGH) and the recipe written in my Grandma's handwriting. It was right there in my recipe book this whole time...guess that's a sure sign that I should open it more! 
G-Ma had a lot of help with her candles!

The fishermen...
They look comfy...hahaha!!
Mackenzie is having fun with all of her stamping supplies she got for Christmas!
Madi made several things for G-Ma, including the sweetest little prayer dice game.

No comments:

Post a Comment