Sunday, December 11, 2016

Puppy: Coming Soon

Remember back in February, when we told our kids we were moving to OKC and promised them we would get a puppy once we got settled? UGH!!! Well, here we are...settled in our new house, with Christmas right around the corner...and there's no more delaying the inevitable. It's time. Our kids don't know it yet, but Christmas morning is going to be very exciting at our house, when a puppy with the cutest Christmas outfit you've ever seen, pops out of a box with a bow on! IT EVEN HAS 4 TINY SOCKS! 
I can't wait!! Well, for that part anyway...
Here's the reality...I don't do dogs. I. Do. Not. Do. Dogs. They sniff, shed, pee, poop, chew, bark, cost money, require time and attention...shall I go on?! BUT, I love my kids and want to make them happy, so I'm going to learn to love a dog too! After weeks and weeks of looking and trying to find just the right puppy for our family, we have decided on a Westie...a West Highland Terrier. They are cute as little puppies & also cute when they are fully grown. From what I have read, they are playful and good with kids. Brian has already declared that he will not be walking this dog by himself, because it isn't a very manly dog. LOL! Whatever...he can think that all he wants for now! 
See, don't we look excited?! We just spent $220 buying a crate, dog bed, puppy toys, collar, leash, shampoo, pooper scooper, pee pads (ICK), dog bowls, and more...but our kids' happiness is worth it!

And just look at this little guy that gets to become a Baldwin soon! Totally adorable! The fact that he's so cute will surely help me to learn to love him quickly! He will be right at 8 weeks old when we get him. I am not sure how in the world we will ever settle on a name for him...but I'm going to be gunning for Charlie, Tucker or Romeo! LOL! I have a feeling there will be so much squealing when the kids see him, that the little fella will be scared to death. One things for sure...he will be very loved and well cared for by our kids!
And this is what we have to look forward to when he gets bigger! 
Ready or Not, we're about to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment