The girls have both been very excited about having their own rooms in this new house. For the first month or so, they stayed together in Madison's room, because we didn't have furniture for Mack yet. We finally decided it was time to get Mack's furniture, and we thought it would be fun to keep it a secret and surprise her! It was delivered one day while the girls were at school, so I worked really hard and fast, and got both rooms set up for the big reveal! They knew something was going on when they got home and I wouldn't let them upstairs, but they didn't know what. I found these fun Star Wars letters at Hobby Lobby and just had to have them! I love it that Mackenzie is her own person...she likes what she likes and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I think her Star Wars/Zebra rainbow print room is very original and very "Mack!" Madison has been saying nonstop that she wants a Puppy room. She wasn't getting new furniture or anything, but I still wanted her to feel special and like she was getting a "new" room too. I looked and looked for cute puppy wall decor, but couldn't find anything. So, I decided to just make some! I made these with Photoshop, printed them at Office Depot, and got frames at Hobby Lobby. And I LOVE it! So does Madi...it didn't take her long to name each puppy...Bella, Max, Spots, Lucy, Lex, Oreo, Hot Dog & Blackie. So Sweet! And so Madi! I ordered her a puppy bedspread, but it wasn't here yet, so that will be a fun Christmas present to complete her room. I have to admit that I'm a little sad that they aren't sharing a room anymore. They will probably never share a room ever again...but, I know they need their own space too. And I think bedtime will be a lot easier, because they won't be able to lay there talking and laughing for an hour every night!
I'm sure their rooms are going to stay clean like this...for 5 minutes! I do have to say, Mackenzie is pretty good about keeping her room clean and making her bed. Madison, on the other hand...whew! There is usually a path from the door to the bed and that's about it. =0//
Each of their new rooms fit their personalities well! I hope they are happy and comfortable in their new rooms!
This smile made it all worth it!
Madison/s collection of puppy stuffed animals and books about puppies made cute room decorations too!
Stop the clock!

No comments:
Post a Comment