The last morning of school before Christmas break was BUSY!
Mackenzie's 4th grade class went to the Autumn Leaves assisted living center to sing Christmas songs, and then had a little Christmas/Going Away party for Ty afterwards. There is nothing like children singing songs about Jesus' birth, especially when you can just see the joy that lights up on the faces of the older generation as they listen. Words can't even express how sad I am that the Matthiesen's are moving to Joplin. Lori has been such a gift from God to me, and has made this transition so much easier for me. The thought of coming back after Christmas break and her not being here is so, so sad. The kids each wrote Ty a letter and told him their favorite memories or things they would miss about him, and then they prayed over him. It was the sweetest! I know Mackenzie will miss having him in her class the rest of this year.
Madison had a Christmas "Pancakes & Pajamas" party in her classroom as well. I made Christmas tree cookies too, and I spent the morning running back and forth from one place to the other. They did a fun craft and then watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas until their parents picked them up. It was a fun morning, and we were all exhausted and very excited about Christmas Break when it was over!
Younger siblings weren't really supposed to come, but I didn't have a choice but to bring Jonah. He was pretty good!
This sweet little lady really liked Mackenzie.
Madison's Pancakes & PJ's Party!
Back to Mack's classroom for their little going away party.
This made me cry!
Mackenzie wrote this story of Jesus' birth from the perspective of the shepherds. I am so thankful that she gets to do assignments like this for school!

No comments:
Post a Comment