Friday, February 26, 2016

We're Getting a Puppy!!! (In 6 months)

 Okay...we just aren't "Dog People." I like other people's dogs just fine, but I have 3 (well, 4 if you count Brian) human beings to take care of, so the thought of adding an animal to the mix just isn't appealing. Besides, I can't even figure out how to potty train Jonah, let alone a dog! But, the girls (especially Madison) have been BEGGING for a puppy for quite some time now. Madison has even started including it in her prayers. Every single night. So, when all of this discussion about possibly moving to OKC came about, I told Brian that part of the deal would be that we would get the kids a dog. He happily agreed! When we told the kids we were moving, there was a point in the conversation, about 30 minutes in, where everyone was just so sad and the tears just wouldn't stop...I kind of mouthed to him, "Now's the time to play the puppy card!" The tears and sadness came to an abrupt halt and there was happiness all around when they found out we could get a puppy! The bad news is we can't get one until the end of the summer, so they will have to wait a while. I am so glad they have something to be excited about and look forward to though! And, that will come at a good time and hopefully help them get through the transition to a new school in the Fall. It has also been a good distraction, in that the girls are focusing more on the puppy idea than the moving idea. They have been looking at puppies online and saving the pictures to my phone...both of these picture collages of puppies are pictures they have saved! They have decided they want a Jack Russell Terrier...you know, only the most hyper dog on the planet! =0) We will have to wait and see about that! We loaded up right away and went to PetSmart to buy toys for our new puppy...that we won't have for 6 more months!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment