Saturday, February 20, 2016

Lost Lucky =0(

Okay, so I touched on this in the post about YEC, but it deserved its own post because it was a big deal! On our way into Falls Creek Friday night, Jonah's favorite stuffed animal, Lucky, must have fallen out of the stroller somewhere in the parking lot. We literally walked into the hotel, sat our stuff down in the room, realized Lucky was missing, went back down the elevator, out into the parking lot, and he was nowhere to be found...all in the span of less than 10 minutes. Sad. Jonah literally talked to everyone he passed the whole weekend about Lucky. All I can think is that some punk teenager must've picked Lucky up and taken off with him. I kept thinking Lucky would surely turn up, but by Sunday morning, it was clear that he was not coming back. I mean, this is the puppy that Jonah just a few weeks ago Jonah said, "I wuv Lucky. I his mommy!" Oh. My. Word.
My other thought about all of this was...THANK GOD it wasn't Pony that we lost! Brian would've had to get up on the stage and offer a cash reward for her safe return. No, really.
Back to Lucky though...I put out a plea for help on Facebook, asking if anyone was going to Silver Dollar City in Branson anytime soon, to see if they could help up get a replacement Lucky! Our sweet friend, Tricia Davis came to the rescue & brought Lucky home a few weeks later! Jonah seriously doesn't know the difference and he was perfectly happy with the explanation that Lucky came back! It was the cutest thing...when Tricia brought him over, Jonah instantly ran inside to tell his sisters that Lucky was home! Just precious!
Here is a video of Jonah at Falls Creek the night we lost Lucky. I went and looked in the parking lot 3 or 4 times, checked Lost & Found many times, and like I said, Jonah asked pretty much everyone we walked past...I guess this will go down in history as one of the great mysteries of life...what happened to Lucky?!
Lost Lucky Part Two: Lucky Comes Home (March 13):

No comments:

Post a Comment