Sunday, May 24, 2015

We Remember...And Smile

On Memorial Day weekend we went to Newcastle on Sunday after doing Shane & Sarah's wedding rehearsal in Edmond. I went with G-Ma and Poppa & Louise to put flowers out at the cemeteries in Gracemont and Anadarko while Brian stayed at the house with the kids. Then we all went to the Newcastle cemetery to put flowers on my dad's grave. G-Ma made the sweetest little arrangements from the kids. This isn't my favorite thing to do, but it has always been important to our family, so it is important to me too. How I wish that my Dad, Grandma Jean, G.G., Pop Shaw, Poppa Beets could be a part of my kids lives...they would love them so much! I am so thankful for the legacy that they left for us! 
On a lighter note, Mackenzie asked G-Ma who was buried next to Pa...G-Ma kind of laughed and said, "Well, me, one of these days!" I was just glad she didn't burst into tears right there! We quickly explained that we were planning on that being a very long, long time from now, and she carried right along and wasn't upset over that thought anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment