May 9th, 2014 was a hard day...it was the day we left our house that we loved, and essentially became "homeless" for the summer, while we built our new house. Now, one year later, on May 9th, 2015, here we are, loving our new home and so thankful that we persevered through that hard time...it was way worth it! When we left our house last year, I wasn't sure if another house would ever feel so much like "ours," but I needn't have worried about that...our new home fits us well and we have had no trouble making it our new safe & happy haven!
We recently had the chance to drive through Tuttle, where we bought our first home when we got married at 19 years old. It was a small trailer house that cost around $9,000...hey, all we needed was love, and we had plenty of that! And I have to say that the inside of our little trailer was very cute & homey. Plus, God totally had his hand on that whole thing...even when the roof of our trailer literally got peeled back like a tin can during a storm a few months before we got married. We basically got as much insurance $ as we owed on the trailer, so that put us financially ahead in our marriage early on. We went from the trailer to the "White House" garage apartment in Jamie's backyard. I got to be the First Lady for nearly 3 years! From there, we moved to Idabel and rented a cute little house. That was a hard time in our life, but also wonderfully happy because we became parents & brought Mackenzie home there. I just have a lot of mixed emotions thinking about that house. When we moved to Tulsa, we rented the house in Broken Arrow from Brian's parents while we built our house in Jenks, where we lived up until last year. Looking back at where we've come from, we can't help but be so overwhelmed and thankful that God has provided for us and blessed us to have the home that we do! It really is true though...Home is where your heart is!
When we lived there, this big deck wasn't there.
A few things I remember about our year in the trailer...the heat/air only worked on one of the trailer, there were places in the floor where I felt like I might just fall right through, when it rained or hailed it was LOUD & scary, I learned how to make Tuna Helper and we ate it a lot, my Grandma Jean made us blue and yellow sunflower curtains for the kitchen and laundry areas, and I will never forget the Thanksgiving morning that my Grandma & Pop stopped by for a surprise visit...a VERY surprise visit that we were not at all ready for! =0)
This house will always have a special place in my heart! Madison & Jonah were both born and brought home here. So many memories that will be forever cherished...

No comments:
Post a Comment