Friday, May 15, 2015

Madison's Diorama

Madison had her ocean diorama project this week and she chose the ark clam as her subject. (I think she thought it was an "art" clam when she chose it, because when I asked her why she picked it, she said "cause I like art!") We had fun decorating her shoebox together and then we worked on learning things about the ark clam. Like what they look like, what they eat, what kind of predators they have, how they protect themselves, and two interesting facts about them. Did you know that there are over 200 species of ark clams, and that they are called "ark" clams because they look kind of like a boat...like an "ark".
The morning of her presentation, I could tell Madison was a little nervous. She mentioned a few times that her tummy hurt. But, she did a great job & I was SO happy to know that Ms. Alessandro video'd it for us! I mean, how cool to have her first oral presentation on video! She spoke so softly that you can barely hear her, but that makes it that much sweeter!  Ms. Alessandro said that hers was one of the best in the class. We are so proud of you, Madi Joy!!
 This was the day we worked on her shoebox. She wasn't feeling well and you can see it in her little eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment