Monday, November 19, 2012

Sweet Feet Christmas Trees

So I decided to do a "little" project with the kids one evening while Brian was gone. (Why I did it while he was gone, I don't know.) It went from "little" to "big" in a hurry! I decided if I was going to the trouble to do this, I might as well make 3 sets of trees, so G-Ma and Grandma Baldwin could also have some. When it was all said and done, I loved the outcome. How sweet to have Christmas tree feet from all three of my babies. I was completely exhausted by the time I got it all cleaned up though.

Mackenzie went first, and except for her wanting to everything HER way, it went very smoothly. (6 years old, size 12 shoes)
Madison's was a little more of a challenge, because she had a pretty bad cut on the bottom of her big toe. I had to wrap it with several band-aids and be very careful. (3 1/2 years old, size 11 shoes)
Jonah didn't know what to think about all of this! It was so much fun to paint those tiny toes green. He didn't cry when I was doing his footprints, but after I washed his feet off, he was not a happy camper. I think the whole thing was a little traumatizing for him! He was fussy the rest of the evening. It was worth it though...I will keep these little footprints forever! (3 months, size 1 shoes)
While I was doing Madison's footprints, I noticed Mackenzie kept singing, "The Sold Rock." What I didn't realize until later that night was that she had my phone and was video'ing Jonah as if he were singing it, with a paintbrush as his microphone. LOL!!! Hilarious! I'm just glad there was no paint on that brush, because he kept licking it. I think he thought he was getting something to eat! Mackenzie is a bundle of laughs. 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment