Monday, November 26, 2012

Our Christmas Tree

The highlight of decorating the Christmas tree for the girls was definitely playing in the box! I love having my house decorated for Christmas, but I wish I could just snap my fingers and it would be done. I do love getting out all of my Christmas ornaments and thinking about the stories that go with each one of them. We seem to add several ornaments to our collection each year. As always, the lower front part of our tree had the most ornaments because that's where the little hands could reach. Just as it should be!
Christmastime is definitely the most wonderful time of the year!
This is our Christmas collection...I know, it's a lot! I get a few new things every year, and it just takes up a lot of space!
Maybe we won't get them any presents this year, and just let them play with boxes...or not!
Jonah slept through most of the work!
I found this ornament in all of Grandma Jean's Christmas stuff. The second I saw it, I knew it was perfect for Madison, since her middle name is Joy. Grandma loved to sew, so I hope Madi will always think of Grandma Jean when she looks at this ornament.
G-Ma got this cute little ornament for Jonah.
I would love to know what he was thinking here...
As G.G. always said, "They're too cute for words!"
I. Look Old. And. Tired. Oh. Well. That's. Life. Right?
Everybody got a turn putting the star on top of the tree. Daddy was glad that Madison is 100% potty trained this year and didn't have an accident in the middle of this, like in year's past. =0)
The look on Jonah's face is like, "WHAT in the world is going on?!"
Mackenzie wanted to pretend that she was Santa and we had to tell her what we wanted for Christmas.
While I was decorating the tree, Brian took it upon himself to hang these birds holding mistletoe from our fan. (I wasn't exactly thrilled about them being up there!) Here he is getting kisses under the mistletoe. The funniest part of the story is that we ended up leaving them up there through Christmas, and then after we took down all of our Christmas decorations, we looked up and guess what we saw...yep, there they were!
A great way to end the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment