Friday, May 16, 2025

Pilgrim Monument and Race Point Beach

This day really was so full of meaningful moments. After lunch at the Lobster Pot & a little bit of shopping in Provincetown, we made our way over to the Pilgrim Monument. This is the site of the Mayflower Pilgrims' first landing. We climbed to the top of the tower (that was a LOT of steps!) and everyone sang How Great Is Our God in the stairwell. It was so beautiful and something I know we will always remember. 
After that, we made our way to Race Point Beach. It was beautiful & I wish we would have had more time there. What I will always remember most about this, was Mackenzie & Kenzie wandering a mile down the beach, collecting shells (after I already warned them not to go far) and having to sprint back in the sand for the group picture. I nearly killed myself running down the beach and back to get their attention. I was so happy, can't you just imagine! =0) Thankfully, Dr DeMoss held the picture for them, as they ran back. They are both free-spirits, and they were in their element, looking for treasures on the beach! We did also get to see a seal swimming in the ocean, so that was fun. Mr. Moore shared with the group about making good decisions in life, and then Dr. DeMoss led them in singing "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus." The pilgrims could have turned back...but they didn't...what if they had? 
Mackenzie, one of our greatest prayers for you in life is that you would follow Jesus all of your days...no matter what.
Though none go with me, I still will follow...
No turning back...
No turning back.
As we took their group picture above, I couldn't help but think of taking this group picture in Washington DC on their 6th grade trip...feels like yesterday...how did 6 years pass so quickly?! And wow--their grade grew a LOT!! 
Such a special moment! 
Same song, from three different places in the tower...such a neat moment in time!
What a view!!
Cape Cod is another Gilmore Girls "location" that I was happy to visit! =0) 
The water was COLD!! 
The treasure wanderers! Lol! 
I said -- "Mackenzie don't go too far, they are about to take a group picture..." 
She said (somewhat annoyed at me) -- "Okay, we won't. Don't worry we won't miss the picture."
They 100% would have missed that group picture if I wouldn't have run half a mile down the beach to tell them to come back. 
I Have Decided to Follow Jesus
Run, Mack, Run! =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment