Friday was our last day in London, so we hit all the places we hadn't seen yet. I've just gotta say--this wasn't my favorite day in London--it was cold and rainy, thus I was having a terrible hair day, and I was so tired of walking at this point. I pressed through, and we did get to see some cool things! But what even is my hair doing in this picture above?! Lol!
Brian had to take our rental car back early this morning, and I didn't want to get up that early, so we made a plan to meet at Kensington Palace. I guess I was feeling very confident in my underground navigating skills at this point! We didn't buy tickets to go into Kensington, but it was just neat to see the outside of it anyway. Kensington Palace is where Princess Diana lived, and more recently where William and Kate lived.
After looking at that, we got back on the underground and headed to the Tower of London. Brian really enjoyed this...I wasn't really into it. Mainly because I was freezing cold. I did enjoy the ham and cheese croissant that I got there! Lol! My favorite part was seeing the little suits of armor that would have fit Jack and Jonah.
A little later, we went to the restaurant Brian went to a few days before, for fish and chips. It was so much better than the first fish and chips we got! Then we hopped on a double decker red bus--we couldn't leave London without riding on one--and made our way to St. Paul's Cathedral. That place was MASSIVE and so beautiful! St. Paul's is where Prince Charles & Princess Diana were married, and also where Winston Churchill's funeral took place. I was so excited to find a nativity set from London for my collection there!
After this, we went to Leadenhall Market, where the famous Diagon Alley scenes take place in Harry Potter. Finally, we made our way to the British Museum, for our last stop of the day. By this time, I was so exhausted that I really didn't care to look around very much there. We did get to see some amazing Biblical artifacts, so that was neat. I spent most of our time there sitting on a bench, while Brian looked around.
We were tired and happy at the end of this day, and ready to go home to our babies. What an amazing trip to London! This was a very unexpected blessing & something I never dreamed I would get to do!
We got these fancy glass water bottles in our fridge every night.
There are two types of people in the world...those who unpack in a hotel room like this...
I looked for the Paddington bear statue at Paddington station, but I never found it.
There were broadway show signs everywhere. We just found out CHA will be doing Frozen next year, so I took this pic for Mackenzie.
Kensington Palace
Tower of London
This was pretty cool--it felt very Lord of the Rings!
The Jonah-sized suit of armor!
The Jack-sized suit of armor!
On the top of the double decker red bus!
St Paul's Cathedral
The detail on these ceilings was unreal!
The British Museum
Ancient "library"
The Rosetta Stone
































































No comments:
Post a Comment