On Thursday after school, we drove to Tulsa for Katelyn's graduation from Regent. GMa came with us, and we had the best time! Mackenzie went to school at Regent from Kindergarten-3rd grade, and Madi was there for Kindergarten & 1st grades, before we moved to OKC. When the Lord moved us from Tulsa, I was absolutely devastated about leaving Regent...we loved it so very much. I honestly didn't think that I would ever be able to love another school as much as I did Regent, but eventually, God made a way for that to happen for us at CHA. I am so thankful for the foundation that was started for our girls at Regent though, and it will always hold a very special place in my heart. When we walked into the school, Mackenzie took a deep breathe and said "ahhh, it smells like Regent!" It's funny how places have smells associated with them. It brought back so many sweet memories, being there...Grandparents Days, semester projects, those adorable jumpers and white collared shirts, art class with Mrs. Ambrose, memorizing scripture and poems (Oscar Claude Monet--hey, hey!), amazing teachers--Mrs. Brenneman, Mrs. Holden, Ms. Alessandro, Mrs. Andrews, Mrs. Martin, and Mrs. English, and best of all--getting to do life with our BFF's, the Easterwood's!
It's so hard for me to believe Katelyn is graduating from High School! It has been so fun to watch these girls grow up together. I'm so grateful to God that our friendship has remained strong over the years, even once we moved away from Tulsa.
OHHHHH my heart!!
Mackenzie wore her Navy blazer, because it just felt right to wear it, while at Regent! =0)
Beauties!!
I sure love my friend Connie!
Madi & Katelyn have always had the sweetest friendship, even though there is a bit of an age gap. They are kindred spirits!
This would have been the first day of 1st and 5th grades for Madi & Katelyn. Wow!
Mackenzie & Kinley are two peas in a pod!
Their first day of 3rd grade!
Precious times!
Silly girls!
A few more throw-backs...Madi is probably 2 here, and Katelyn around 6 or 7.













No comments:
Post a Comment