Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Downton Abbey Tour - Yew Tree Farm

When this London trip came about, the #1 thing I wanted to do was a Downton Abbey tour. I love this show SO much, well...I am slightly obsessed with it, actually...and to be able to visit all of these filming locations was a dream! On Wednesday, while Brian was working on the GoStudents set-up, I took a 10 hour bus tour to Highclere Castle and other filming locations a few hours outside of London. It was my absolute favorite day of my entire life, that I have ever spent all by myself! (Happy Mother's Day to me!!) I am definitely a bit of an introvert, so I was perfectly happy to spend this day on my own! Well, with about a dozen other strangers, I guess. This was definitely a bit of a splurge, at $300 for this tour, but it was money well spent if you ask me. 
Our first stop was Cogges Manor Farm, which is called Yew Tree Farm in the show, where the Drewe's and later Mr. Mason lives. My favorite part of this stop was definitely seeing the kitchen, where scenes are filmed with Edith and Marigold. They had ducks waddling around the farm, named after the characters on the show! I think we had around 45 minutes to look around and see everything, before it was time to get back in the van to head to the next place. I could definitely have spent more time there! Before we got back in the van, I grabbed a ham and cheese sandwich from the little cafe at the farm. Everything I ate in England was delicious, especially the breads and cheeses. 
The drive through the English countryside was so beautiful! Everything was so green and bright...and we saw a few hares (not rabbits) hopping along.
I will say, it was a little strange not traveling with someone...I had to take selfies or ask random people to take my picture, because I didn't have anyone to take pictures with. I had the best time though, and I'm so glad I did this!
Started my morning with a mango dragonfruit lemonade from Starbucks! Brian drove me to the bus stop, where the tour bus picked me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment