Sunday, December 11, 2022

Jack's Sleep Saga Continues

Our sleeping situation with Jack is an ongoing battle...he likes to sleep with his people, what can I say?! Now that he has outgrown his baby bed, we have been trying to decide what to do about moving him upstairs with Jonah. We tried this a few months ago, but it didn't work. To be quite honest, I am terrified he will fall down the stairs again in the middle of the night. But, I know it is time to do something to eventually get him into his own bed! 
We ended up getting a twin over full bunk bed that matches the dresser and book shelf in Jonah's room. This way, when Jack gets a little older he can sleep on the top and Jonah can have the bigger bottom bed. Now we just have to figure out how to get Jack to sleep in there! So far, we are just taking turns sleeping in there with him to get him used to it. I'm not sure we've solved anything at this point, but its all about baby steps, right?!
This picture right here...oh my heart...so true! And so the reason that its hard for me to move him out of our bed! 
I came home one day when Brian had been home for a few hours by himself & this is what the upstairs playroom looked like...Brian moved Jonah's entire bedroom out there. I think the original idea was to put a toddler bed in Jonah's room and let Jonah sleep in the playroom so he didn't have to hear Jack "cry it out." Well.....that didn't really work. But the kids thought it was cool for a few days & Mackenzie was very disappointed when she didn't get to keep the couch he moved into her room!
It was a good place for a nap, anyway!
Off to the furniture store we went...Jack was WILD in there...he looks so sweet in the pictures, but that's a complete lie...he was out of control! 
This is the one!
Jack isn't about to be left out of helping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment